The Exor Live client-side API is an easy-to-use API that enables rich integration with Exor Live using only client-side technologies.
This means that there is no need to use server-side webservice calls, store credentials or foreign keys.
If you are looking for the previous version of the documentation, then it can be found here.
- Initial version
- Support for OAuth and the new `data` api added.
The domain of the application is used to identify it, and so this must be registered in order for the API to function. For development purposes the `localhost` domain has also been whitelisted and so you can test using this domain.
Contact ExorLive to register your application.
Exor Live uses OAuth2 to provide its users to authorize third-party applications. If you need to use more than the ExorLive.app methods, you need to obtain a valid OAuth Access Token. This must be done with serverside code.
To use this, add the following code to your document:
and include the following script
The document is now properly set up to provide the the user with a rich experience.
For reliable behavior, it is important that your document brings the browser into standards mode, preferably by using a valid doctype like
This API supports all modern browsers as well as IE6 and IE7.
How to use it
- 'Remote control' - the ability to interact with, and to instruct the ExorLive Webapplication
- Data API - an api providing access to the same underlying infrastructure that the ExorLive Webapplication does
- Widget API - an api providing easy access to render prebuilt widgets showing data from ExorLive
All levels of integration requires that the user authorize you application with the appropriate scopes.
We have a few premade project which you can use. The examples are Visual Studio 2010 projects and uses C#.
Full API example. This one requires registration and server side code.
- See the online example You will need to log in with an existing ExorLive account.
- Download example project